noun(usually rales) Medicine
- An abnormal rattling sound heard when examining unhealthy lungs with a stethoscope: she was listening for ralesMore example sentences
- The physical exam may be normal or the lung exam may reveal fine rales or wheezes.
- Examination of the lungs may initially reveal focal rales that will eventually become diffuse.
- Physical examination of the lungs may reveal rales and pleural effusions.
early 19th century: from French râle, from râler 'to rattle'.
More definitions of raleDefinition of rale in:
- The US English dictionary