verb[no object] • informal , chiefly North American
- Vomit: he’ll ralph all over the place [with object]: he ralphed up the downers and the quarts of beerMore example sentences
- I feel like ralphing in the trash barrel outside Mr. Toad's Wild Ride instead.
- My head was killing me, and I felt like I was going to ralph any second.
- Often I'd have to lean over the edge of the cot and ralph.
1960s: origin uncertain; apparently a use of the male given name Ralph, but perhaps imitative.
More definitions of ralphDefinition of ralph in:
- The US English dictionary