- (In Spanish America and the western US) a small Indian settlement.More example sentences
- They are the direct result of Jesuit consolidation of the dispersed population from over eighty rancherias into eight mission towns by the 17th century.
- Once it was primarily home to mission rancherias and then to small truck farms.
- Architectural accents from a variety of periods enhance the notion of a sprawling rancheria evolving and expanding through the decade.
Spanish, from rancho (see ranch).
More definitions of rancheriaDefinition of rancheria in:
- The US English dictionary