1A keeper of a park, forest, or area of countryside: park rangers
More example sentences
- That was not a secret in the city, and the police and park rangers turned a blind eye.
- Most students were restless while the park ranger explained about the animals in the area.
- During the trip, one of the kids is bitten by a snake and their guide, the park ranger, heads back to base for a serum.
2A member of a body of armed men, in particular:
- Hundreds of police and paramilitary rangers were deployed at key installations.
- Twenty feet away, three rangers wearing military fatigues and toting rifles sat outside a metal yurt.
- Local government bodies are hiring rangers to enforce by-laws designed to preserve public order.
2.1A mounted soldier.
2.2US A commando.
- That will be the dangerous business of Army rangers, Marine expeditionary units, and other special forces.
- Army ranger Lt. Colonel Mucci stars as a young officer handpicked by MacArthur to lead the raid.
- From Chicago, we are joined now by retired Brigadier General David Grange, who during his 30-year military career, served as a ranger and a green beret.
Words that rhyme with rangerarranger, changer, danger, endanger, exchanger, Grainger, hydrangea, manger, stranger
Definition of ranger in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.