- A type of malicious software designed to block access to a computer system until a sum of money is paid: although ransomware is usually aimed at individuals, it’s only a matter of time before business is targeted as wellMore example sentences
- Today, Total Defense Research Team was informed of new ransomware circulating among Italian users, pretending to be an official statement by the Italian Police.
- What is remarkable in the cases of ransomware we've seen lately is the effort that the authors have put into creating different versions for every targeted country.
- In the other email, the link downloaded ransomware, which encrypted files on the user's computer and held them for ransom.
More definitions of ransomwareDefinition of ransomware in:
- The US English dictionary