Definition of ranter in English:
1A person who rants: Sunday afternoon ranters at Speaker’s Corner
More example sentences
- Many of the ranters are either ignored or gently calmed down by other posters there.
- There's a sad lack of rationality here, and it's become pointless to try to reason with the ranters.
- I repeat it, because some ranters haven't understood something here apparently.
2 (Ranter) A member of an antinomian Christian sect in England during the mid 17th century which denied the authority of scripture and clergy.
- We learn how the ideas of the Ranters, Levellers and the Diggers filtered into the common-sense of this labouring class.
- In so doing, McDowell greatly extends our understanding of the intellectual roots of the Levelers, the Quakers, and the Ranters.
- Using a mixture of readings and commentary, he ranges from More's Utopia through the English Civil War period with its Levellers, Ranters and Diggers.
Words that rhyme with ranterAtlanta, banter, canter, infanta, levanter, manta, Santa, tam-o'-shanter
Definition of ranter in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan