- A jerky motion of a person’s eyes occurring in REM sleep.More example sentences
- Sleep occurs in two states: sleep with rapid eye movement and sleep with no rapid eye movement.
- Besides the four stages, there is a form of sleep accompanied by rapid eye movement and behavioral activity.
- Once the heart rate of the target has slowed to the point of noticeable sleep, it sends irregular pulses to the brain to induce rapid eye movement, which you know is REM.
More definitions of rapid eye movementDefinition of rapid eye movement in:
- The US English dictionary