- 1The quality of moving or reacting with great speed: the fish sank into the sand with such rapidity that it must be seen to be believedMore example sentences
- For example, there are several cases on record of third-degree burns healing with extraordinary rapidity.
- The length of each symbol corresponds to the rapidity of the gesture.
- She was interrupted in her reverie by a sight of a man, clad in black, descending the hill with some rapidity.
- 1.1The fact of happening at a great rate; swiftness: technology spreads with extraordinary rapidityMore example sentences
- During that month of June the events have succeeded themselves with great rapidity.
- In fact, I can turn them over with frightening rapidity.
- Perhaps our concept of justification is not itself precise enough to require a precise degree of ease or rapidity of access.