noun• archaic or • humorous
- A mischievous person: they were the rapscallions behind this practical jokeMore example sentences
- These rapscallions were more likely to flee than fight if confronted by the crew.
- The rest of the population seems to be a hodgepodge of rapscallions who all speak different languages.
- I decided that I would give the rapscallion a severe lashing as recompense for his untimely calling.
late 17th century: alteration of earlier rascallion, perhaps from rascal.
More definitions of rapscallionDefinition of rapscallion in:
- The US English dictionary