Definition of rapturous in English:
Characterized by, feeling, or expressing great pleasure or enthusiasm: he was greeted with rapturous applause
More example sentences
- They brought their wit and music to the midlands and received rapturous applause.
- Leon performed a handful of his own songs, each one greeted with rapturous applause.
- She described how the mere sight of the Pope's plane was met by rapturous applause and tears of joy.
ecstatic, joyful, joyous, elated, euphoric, enraptured, on cloud nine, in seventh heaven, transported, in transports, in raptures, beside oneself with joy/happiness, rhapsodic, ravished, enchanted, enthusiastic, delighted, thrilled, overjoyed, blissful, happy
Australian informal wrapped
- Example sentences
- Indeed, Morrissey's new songs are the most rapturously received, more so even than the Smiths gems that he periodically drops into our laps.
- American audiences didn't question why she had suddenly returned; but they greeted her rapturously with standing ovations.
- Being conceptually similar to what was then happening in alternative pop, these were rapturously received by a young, European audience.
Words that rhyme with rapturousCerberus
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.