A small rat-like Australian marsupial with long hindlimbs used for hopping.
- Family Potoroidae: several genera and species.
More example sentences
- At the other end of the scale from the six large types mentioned above are the rat/rabbit-sized bettongs, potoroos and rat-kangaroos.
- Two million years ago bizarre creatures roamed the Australian continent - the flesh-eating giant rat-kangaroo, the thunder bird, the marsupial wolf, and a giant monitor lizard.
- Of course, it matters not what the author thinks is ‘cleaner’ or ‘more aesthetically pleasing’, but what is good for this rat-kangaroo.
Definition of rat-kangaroo in:
- The US English dictionary