- 1A thing that rattles, especially an old or rickety vehicle.More example sentences
- While brass bands welcomed the Hawks on to the ground, train drivers guiding their red rattlers past the railway wing would toot their horns in accompaniment.
- The Scotrail rattler was full of malodorous delegates and there was no First Class and no dining car.
- She headed out the door, past the rattler, and up the driveway to lunch with her brother.
- 2North American • informal A rattlesnake.More example sentences
- I've eaten rattlers, cottonmouths, copperheads - they all taste the same.
- Most preposterous is the concept of rapid introgression of Mojave toxin genes from Mojave rattlers into timber rattlers.
- And look close before plopping down during the day; a rattler's diamondback coloration is grand camouflage.
More definitions of rattlerDefinition of rattler in:
- The US English dictionary