Definition of rattler in English:
1A thing that rattles, especially an old or rickety vehicle.
- While brass bands welcomed the Hawks on to the ground, train drivers guiding their red rattlers past the railway wing would toot their horns in accompaniment.
- The Scotrail rattler was full of malodorous delegates and there was no First Class and no dining car.
- She headed out the door, past the rattler, and up the driveway to lunch with her brother.
2North American informal A rattlesnake.
- I've eaten rattlers, cottonmouths, copperheads - they all taste the same.
- Most preposterous is the concept of rapid introgression of Mojave toxin genes from Mojave rattlers into timber rattlers.
- And look close before plopping down during the day; a rattler's diamondback coloration is grand camouflage.
Definition of rattler in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan