- 1Making a series of knocking sounds: a rattling old liftMore example sentences
- We have no complaints about the keyboard's resistance and hub, but when typing fast, there is a rattling sound.
- During the burning, if the shoulder blade makes a rattling sound it means evil spirits are haunting the house.
- Midway between the two rattling sounds, the captain was heard remarking that he was encountering the wake of a plane ahead of him.
- 2 • informal , • dated Very good of its kind (used for emphasis): a rattling good storyMore example sentences
- But still, over there, they recognise a rattling good story when they read one.
- It was a rattling good adventure story that kept me gripped to the surprising end.
- This book is certainly a rattling detective story.
More definitions of rattlingDefinition of rattling in:
- The US English dictionary