Definition of ravishing in English:
Delightful; entrancing: she looked ravishing
More example sentences
- Add class to your style by including these utterly ravishing and stunning bags that are a rage this season.
- She simply wants to be a beautiful, glamorous, radiant, ravishing movie star.
- The smaller paintings vary in color from the same pyrelene green-black to a radiant gray-gold to a ravishing Ferrari red.
very beautiful, gorgeous, stunning, wonderful, exquisite, lovely, striking, magnificent, dazzling, radiant, delightful, charming, enchanting, entrancing, captivating, bewitching
informalincredible, amazing, sensational, fantastic, fabulous, terrific, smashing, heavenly, divine, out of this world, fab, drop-dead gorgeous, knockout, delectable, scrumptious
- Example sentences
- Already a huge success in London, the band is looking forward to unleashing this ravishingly inventive piece of musical theatre on America.
- She was called the most irresistible woman in the world - sultry, tempestuous and ravishingly beautiful.
- From the opening pages it is clear that Faber writes some of the most ravishingly beautiful prose of any young writer.
Words that rhyme with ravishinggarnishing • furnishing
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.