(also razor's edge)
- 1A sharp edge of a knife or similar implement: the razor edge cut deep into the side of the shipMore example sentences
- As he did with all of his knives he had sharpened the blade to a razor edge.
- The razor edge nipped Adam on the cheek just below his eye.
- Her sword and daggers were polished and honed to a razor edge.
- 1.1A critical or precarious situation: politically we are on a razor edgeMore example sentences
- People live on the razor's edge not knowing when the bomber will strike.
- These folks are risk takers living on the razor's edge of life!
- A racer who lived on the razor's edge, he wanted to know why Rindt's accident happened.
- More example sentences
- Now all you need is a razor-edged credit card and you are ready to enter the gladiatorial pit that is the Christmas sales.
- What had once been a razor-edged, crisply focused front sight suddenly turned into a furry, indistinct, gelatin-like blob.
- Glass was shredded like paper into tiny, razor-edged shards.
More definitions of razor edgeDefinition of razor edge in:
- The US English dictionary