Definition of razorback in English:
1 (also razorback hog) A pig of a half-wild breed common in the southern US, with the back formed into a high narrow ridge.
- The murderous vendetta lasted years and involved disputes over a razorback hog and various other affronts to family dignity.
- The pig known as the razorback is often associated with the state of Arkansas.
- However, the razorback pigs from which it is made are raised in N. Carolina as well as in Virginia.
2 (also razorback ridge) A steep-sided narrow ridge of land.
- We bundled up in our heaviest clothing, packed lots of food and drinks, and ascended the razorback ridge known as Section 21.
- Occasionally I glimpsed in the west a forested, razorback ridge sloping toward the equatorial lowlands below.
- The terrain covered each day would include climbing razorback ridges with spectacular views, rock hopping along creek beds surrounded by tall cliffs, travelling through rocky gorges, and the occasional picturesque waterhole.
Definition of razorback in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.