Definition of re-present in English:
1Present (something) again, especially for further consideration or in an altered form: I will re-present Eikmeyer’s model here
More example sentences
- As with other works of art, it is a challenge for those responsible for a sculpture's preservation to identify the sculptor's original intention and to find the right balance in choosing how to re-present a surface altered by time.
- Basically, this complex re-presents a new business model that brings together various established food and entertainment facilities.
- Much of the country's art revisits the apartheid past in provocative ways, mining South Africa's material history like an archive of memories and re-presenting this archive's contents for careful consideration.
- re-presentation noun
- Example sentences
- As such, they are temporally divided versions of one another in re-collection and re-presentation although not in experience.
- Yet, Marasela's re-presentation of this material as domestic tray covers suggests that these pieces of the past can be consumed and transformed productively on a personal level.
- In short, Baudelaire's vision coincides with Barbey's in that re-presentation is seen as a fundamental operation of the Dandy, be that Dandy an individual or a nation.
Definition of re-present in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.