Definition of re-present in English:
1Present (something) again, especially for further consideration or in an altered form: I will re-present Eikmeyer’s model here
More example sentences
- As with other works of art, it is a challenge for those responsible for a sculpture's preservation to identify the sculptor's original intention and to find the right balance in choosing how to re-present a surface altered by time.
- Basically, this complex re-presents a new business model that brings together various established food and entertainment facilities.
- Much of the country's art revisits the apartheid past in provocative ways, mining South Africa's material history like an archive of memories and re-presenting this archive's contents for careful consideration.
- Example sentences
- As such, they are temporally divided versions of one another in re-collection and re-presentation although not in experience.
- Yet, Marasela's re-presentation of this material as domestic tray covers suggests that these pieces of the past can be consumed and transformed productively on a personal level.
- In short, Baudelaire's vision coincides with Barbey's in that re-presentation is seen as a fundamental operation of the Dandy, be that Dandy an individual or a nation.
Definition of re-present in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan