1Sign (a document) again.
- Attendance is restricted to Trust members but there will be a chance to sign or re-sign on the day.
- A 30-year concession deal was signed in 1999 but it had to be re-signed after Dundee purchased the company last year.
- Currently he is in negotiations on behalf of his ministry but to re-sign the contract he will need the approval of the Government.
1.1Engage (a sports player) to play for a team for a further period: that win backed up my insistence that we re-sign him
More example sentences
- One key to improving special teams is for the team to re-sign its own players.
- Most of them involve teams re-signing players to one-year contracts (only megastars get seven-year deals).
- Too often they give in and re-sign a player to a new deal.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: re-sign
Definition of re-sign in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.