Definition of re-sign in English:
1Sign (a document) again.
- Attendance is restricted to Trust members but there will be a chance to sign or re-sign on the day.
- A 30-year concession deal was signed in 1999 but it had to be re-signed after Dundee purchased the company last year.
- Currently he is in negotiations on behalf of his ministry but to re-sign the contract he will need the approval of the Government.
1.1Engage (a sports player) to play for a team for a further period: that win backed up my insistence that we re-sign him
More example sentences
- One key to improving special teams is for the team to re-sign its own players.
- Most of them involve teams re-signing players to one-year contracts (only megastars get seven-year deals).
- Too often they give in and re-sign a player to a new deal.
Definition of re-sign in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan