- 1State again strongly: the prime minister reaffirmed his commitment to the agreement [with clause]: he reaffirmed that it was essential to strengthen the rule of lawMore example sentences
- With this decision, the Board reaffirms its strong commitment to the Olympic ideal of unity through sport, and fair and balanced treatment of all athletes.
- We have reaffirmed our commitment to Canadian aid.
- Macalester should reaffirm and continue its commitment to meeting the full demonstrated need of all admitted students.
- 1.1 [with object] Confirm the validity of (something previously established): the election reaffirmed his position as leaderMore example sentences
- It was an encore to Athens-the chance for the established breed to reaffirm elite standing.
- Although the Pontiff is the universal leader of more than a billion Catholics, the election reaffirms the intimate link between the Papacy and the eternal city.
- The April and July elections reaffirmed the strength of moderate Islam in Indonesia.
- More example sentences
- Personal responsibility, intense work ethic for the love of the work and originality were just a few of these reaffirmations for me.
- I think a lot of Americans know, because they experience it every day in their homes, in their neighborhoods, in their schools, that this country needs to have a period of moral reaffirmation.
- I believe strongly that Black History Month should be the reaffirmation of struggle and determination to change attitudes and heighten the understanding of the African experience.
More definitions of reaffirmDefinition of reaffirm in:
- The US English dictionary