Definition of real time in English:
1The actual time during which a process or event occurs.
- Payment is made by credit or debit card and is processed securely online in real time.
- What is new is the array of information resources now available in real time or near real time.
- It is possible to do impressive things in real time, as computer games demonstrate.
1.1 [as modifier] Computing Relating to a system in which input data is processed within milliseconds so that it is available virtually immediately as feedback to the process from which it is coming, e.g. in a missile guidance system: real-time signal processing real-time software
More example sentences
- The hard real-time system would guarantee that sensor inputs would not be missed.
- In a real-time system, each of these cases would be an opportunity for a missed deadline.
- The real-time combat system that the game is heavily dependant on is rock-solid.
Definition of real time in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan