noun[usually in singular] • informal
- An occasion on which one is reminded of the state of things in the real world: the bloated financial industry needs a reality checkMore example sentences
- Let's hope that those responsible for the proper use of State funds experience a swift reality check in the interim.
- But let's take a quick reality check and see what increased tuition really means.
- It's also a wake-up call, a reality check from which you emerge with a reassuring sense of integrity.
More definitions of reality checkDefinition of reality check in:
- The US English dictionary