- The control by the ego of the pleasure-seeking activity of the id in order to meet the demands of the external world.More example sentences
- As the child internalizes and submits to the father's prohibition, it turns from the pleasure to the reality principle.
- The true wish is to preserve a special, individual, consistent identity that does not have to compromise with the reality principle.
- The principle of simulation wins out over the reality principle just as over the principle of pleasure.
More definitions of reality principleDefinition of reality principle in:
- The US English dictionary