Definition of reallot in English:
verb (reallots, reallotting, reallotted)[with object]
Allot again or differently: the strips of land were reallotted in large compact blocks
More example sentences
- The surplus system was reallotted to the Repair and Maintenance Establishment, where it was commissioned in 2003.
- Witnesses swear that starving Indians' land is illegally reallotted and sold.
- The Bombay High Court's directive reallotting jurisdiction of the City Civil and Sessions Court judges has confused lawyers as well as litigants.
- Example sentences
- The seats reserved for women, have been ‘taken'’ from men, - a reallotment of an occupied seat.
- In rural areas, peasants have land use rights, and every five years there is a reallotment of land among farmers to adapt to the changing social structures of their communities.
- The Secretary shall make reallotments under paragraphs (1) and (2) on such date or dates as the Secretary may fix.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia