Definition of reamer in English:
1A tool for widening or finishing drilled holes.
- A 10-mm cannulated reamer was drilled from distal to proximal over each guidewire through the cortex to a depth of 10 mm.
- If the head tube is badly ovalized, the reamer (attached to the facing cutter) will widen the sides, but the head tube will still be too long front-to-back.
- A common method was to bore a hole in the barrel using any of a variety of bung borers, boring taps, augers, tapered reamers, and the like.
2 North American term for lemon-squeezer.
- The game was purchased at a local church rummage sale that also netted us a juicer/meat grinder for $2, complete with reamer!
- Using a citrus reamer, muddle the leaves until they are dark green and pasty; the total volume should reduce by about half, and they should have released quite a bit of liquid.
- I will still use my wooden reamer for small jobs.
Definition of reamer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia