- The section of an army concerned with administrative and supply duties.More example sentences
- The rear echelons of the army mutinied and seized the crossings over the Rhine.
- In the Great Patriotic War success was developed by bringing in rear echelons: as soon as the first defense line of the enemy was disrupted the rear echelons of regiments and even divisions were brought into action.
- When the 333rd Group headquarters ordered its battalions to withdraw from the Bastogne area on December 20, the rear echelons of the battalions moved to the west of Bastogne to St. Hubert.
More definitions of rear echelonDefinition of rear echelon in:
- The US English dictionary