Entry from US English dictionary
The projection of a picture onto the back of a translucent screen for viewing or for use as a background in filming.
- What type of TV gives you the best picture quality, is it DLP, LCD, LCD rear projection, or Plasma?
- The anamorphic 1.85: 1 image is clean and crisp, but this then helps to highlight the antiquated techniques - rear projection, blue screen - used to create many of the film's fright scenes.
- Beyond the 20-foot square room, larger, rear projection video screens should be used.
- Example sentences
- The director had to use a relatively cheap-looking model shot in front of rear-projected air-shot terrain footage for all of the ‘in flight’ bomber exteriors.
- Here again, Antin opens windows onto other people's lives, this time through three rear-projected scenes framed by the collapsed architecture of a dilapidated neighborhood.
- In the third component of the installation, a rear-projected video shows Antin in the mirror of a dressing table, simply looking - both outward to the world and inward toward the self.
For editors and proofreaders
Syllabification: rear pro·jec·tion
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.