- A transmission system that provides power to the rear wheels of a motor vehicle: [as modifier]: a rear-wheel drive coupéMore example sentences
- This plant will be able to make left-hand drive and right-hand cars; rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive vehicles.
- The company's deliberately keeping the initial formula relatively simple: One engine, one transmission, one wheelbase, two body styles and two box lengths, rear-wheel drive or 4-wheel drive.
- With a mid-engine design and rear-wheel drive, the Roadster and Coupe have characteristically sporty road manners.
More definitions of rear-wheel driveDefinition of rear-wheel drive in:
- The US English dictionary