Assert again: he moved quickly to reassert his control
More example sentences
- My sane sensible side reasserted itself quickly, but just for one second after seeing a room for let in Brighton, I was about to just up and leave.
- He had previously helped his father and brothers reassert government control during a period of lawlessness and had served as a Minister.
- In this way the victim's worth can be reasserted.
- More example sentences
- And the Germans as a people admired the Nazis' reassertion of German power and prestige, whereas the USSR was a former empire with myriad conflicting national and social allegiances.
- The new art rock, however, is resolutely white, resolutely middle-class: a reassertion of old cultural hierarchies, not a celebration of their disentangling.
- In tandem with a reform of the modern Mass, already tentatively under way, the foundations could be laid for a return to dignified worship and reassertion of doctrine.
Definition of reassert in:
- The US English dictionary