Definition of reassert in English:
Assert again: he moved quickly to reassert his control
More example sentences
- My sane sensible side reasserted itself quickly, but just for one second after seeing a room for let in Brighton, I was about to just up and leave.
- He had previously helped his father and brothers reassert government control during a period of lawlessness and had served as a Minister.
- In this way the victim's worth can be reasserted.
- Example sentences
- And the Germans as a people admired the Nazis' reassertion of German power and prestige, whereas the USSR was a former empire with myriad conflicting national and social allegiances.
- The new art rock, however, is resolutely white, resolutely middle-class: a reassertion of old cultural hierarchies, not a celebration of their disentangling.
- In tandem with a reform of the modern Mass, already tentatively under way, the foundations could be laid for a return to dignified worship and reassertion of doctrine.
Definition of reassert in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan