Definition of reassume in English:
Take on or gain (something) again: he reassumed the title of Governor General
More example sentences
- Huge counter demonstrations by opposition supporters tilt the balance and he reassumes power two days later.
- But he could not have lived without his work, so that when he recovered his health and reassumed his duties, if not the use of his arm, he was grateful.
- Then the shade of Marx was gone, and the walls of the official residence had reassumed their reassuring solidity.
- Example sentences
- The information is being collected when federally recognized tribes request reassumption of jurisdiction over child custody proceedings.
- What happens in the case of emergency reassumption or suspension or withholding or delay of payments?
Definition of reassume in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.