Definition of reassume in English:
Take on or gain (something) again: he reassumed the title of Governor General
More example sentences
- Huge counter demonstrations by opposition supporters tilt the balance and he reassumes power two days later.
- But he could not have lived without his work, so that when he recovered his health and reassumed his duties, if not the use of his arm, he was grateful.
- Then the shade of Marx was gone, and the walls of the official residence had reassumed their reassuring solidity.
- Example sentences
- The information is being collected when federally recognized tribes request reassumption of jurisdiction over child custody proceedings.
- What happens in the case of emergency reassumption or suspension or withholding or delay of payments?
Definition of reassume in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia