Definition of reassure in English:
Say or do something to remove the doubts and fears of (someone): he understood her feelings and tried to reassure her [with object and clause]: Joachim reassured him that he was needed (as adjective reassuring) Gina gave her a reassuring smile
More example sentences
- He nods at me then I smile, as if reassuring him that I will never do that again.
- Her smile reassures David the outfit he chose was a wise decision.
- Alex reassured him with a smile, and then lifted the laughing child into his arms.
- Example sentences
- The menu is reassuringly limited and everything is cooked to order: do bring a book, because you will wait between courses.
- He is reassuringly down to earth about the acting business.
- But apart from the work on the walls, reassuringly little has changed.
Pronunciation: /ˌriːəˈʃɔːrɪŋli/ /riːəˈʃʊərɪŋli/adverb
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan