- (With reference to a feeling or state) emerge or cause to emerge again; awaken again: [no object]: a sense of community started to reawaken in the 1970s [with object]: his departure reawakened deep divisions within the partyMore example sentences
- Beyond sentimentality and self-indulgence, these backward glances at a naïve landscape awaken - or reawaken - the conservationist within us.
- The growth of rhetorical criticism in recent years reawakened interest in rhetoric of the Roman empire.
- As new imaging technologies offer us graphic evidence of the visible humanity of the growing fetus, our moral sentiments may be powerfully awakened or reawakened.
More definitions of reawakenDefinition of reawaken in:
- The US English dictionary