- A bowed or plucked stringed instrument of Arab origin, used especially in North Africa, the Middle East, and South Asia.More example sentences
- Still another combines the croaking of frogs in a pond at Mills College with Anthony Braxton's baritone saxophone, the composer's wife (?) playing a Javanese rebab, and a Kurzweil sampler sine wave.
- It may be the flute, the mediaeval lute, or the viola or rebab of Jordi Savall himself, one of the acknowledged masters of his instrument.
- It consists of bronze gongs, keyed metallophones (like xylophones), drums, a flute, a rebab fiddle, and a celempung zither.
mid 18th century: from Arabic rabāb.
More definitions of rebabDefinition of rebab in:
- The US English dictionary