Definition of rebuttal in English:
1An instance of rebutting evidence or an accusation.
- My post below, about Architecture was never designed as evidence for the rebuttal.
- In some instances, Baker provided rebuttals to her critics.
- In general, an effective rebuttal will require evidence that Marjorie's actions were voluntary.
1.1 another term for rebutter.
- Judge Soedarto adjourned the next hearing to next Monday, when Antashari will reply to the rebuttals by the defendant's team of lawyers.
- After the defence rests, prosecutors will begin a rebuttal and Jackson's attorneys will then be given an opportunity to respond.
- The jury was expected to get the case sometime later the day, after the end of the plaintiff's argument and a rebuttal by the senior deputy district attorney.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan