- 1British A recreation ground.More example sentences
- Where there were several thousand people the night before, the Sunday saw several dozen kids meandering round the rec looking for dropped change while the fairground folk slowly took their machines to pieces.
- We don't get the stereotypical skinheads we got in the late 70s and early 80s but we do seem to get loads of yobs who think it highly amusing to vandalise, scrawl graffiti in the children's play area and walls around the rec and take drugs.
- Chairman David Jessop, said: ‘At the moment the rec is used once a year for the Wrose carnival.’
- 2North American Recreation: [as modifier]: the rec centreMore example sentences
- I am hoping to stop my city from closing our rec center.
- If the rec center closes, there could be an increase in juvenile crime!
- The rec center is even older and isn't meeting the needs of many in the community.
More definitions of RECDefinition of rec in:
- The US English dictionary