Definition of recalescence in English:
noun[mass noun] Metallurgy
A temporary rise in temperature during cooling of a metal, caused by a change in crystal structure.
- Kelton suspected that the first recalescence signaled the formation of the alloy's metastable icosahedral phase, followed five seconds later by the formation of the C14 Laves phase.
- The recalescence point is lower than the decalescence point by anywhere from 85 to 215 degrees F.
- I showed that recalescence and the disappearance of magnetisability in iron and steel occurred at about the same temperature.
- Example sentences
- The wound becomes toughened with a light ordering that is recalescent.
- When the recalescent event was recognized in the pre-set temperature range, power was automatically switched off.
Definition of recalescence in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan