- informal term for reconnaissance.More example sentences
- Our first visit in November was largely as a recce and investigation of possibilities.
- During the recce, the helicopter would land on one of the islands used in aircraft bombing missions.
- It's been a while since our last recce of the hardware sites.
verb (recces, recceing, recced)Back to top
- informal term for reconnoitre.More example sentences
- Last August I was one of five Persians and four Westerners - three women and six men - who set off to recce a route by jeep through the deserts, mountains and ‘emptylands’ of north and north-east Iran.
- We learned that shortly after the exercise started, they entered the area to recce the target.
- A team of eight MPs spent a week in East Timor ahead of the minister's visit to recce the locations to be visited.