Definition of receptionist in English:
1A person who greets and deals with clients and visitors to a surgery, office, etc.
- Just as GPs need surgeries and receptionists MPs need offices and staff.
- Between 8.00 and 10.00 am the office is at its busiest with clients booking calls and receptionists confirming visit times and hospital appointments.
- He greets me at the door of his office, dismisses the receptionist, and strides back behind his immense immaculate desk.
1.1British A person employed in a hotel to receive guests and deal with their bookings.
- She received the sentence for assaulting a hotel receptionist after trespassing on the property.
- She worked at a hotel as a receptionist in the morning and as a waitress at night.
- Hotel receptionists were informed not to deliver any alcoholic drinks, leave a mini-bar in his room, or order any taxis for him to escape to town.
Words that rhyme with receptionistinterventionist
Definition of receptionist in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan