Definition of receptionist in English:
1A person who greets and deals with clients and visitors to a surgery, office, etc.
- Just as GPs need surgeries and receptionists MPs need offices and staff.
- Between 8.00 and 10.00 am the office is at its busiest with clients booking calls and receptionists confirming visit times and hospital appointments.
- He greets me at the door of his office, dismisses the receptionist, and strides back behind his immense immaculate desk.
1.1British A person employed in a hotel to receive guests and deal with their bookings.
- She received the sentence for assaulting a hotel receptionist after trespassing on the property.
- She worked at a hotel as a receptionist in the morning and as a waitress at night.
- Hotel receptionists were informed not to deliver any alcoholic drinks, leave a mini-bar in his room, or order any taxis for him to escape to town.
Words that rhyme with receptionistinterventionist
Definition of receptionist in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.