noun (plural recitativos)
- another term for recitative.More example sentences
- Characteristic features of the genre are the rapid-firing recitativo secco accompanying vigorous stage business, and the multi-sectional concerted finale with dramatic surprises.
- The soprano introduces the first words of the text and the flute takes over in a long, beautiful quasi recitativo above the strings.
- Conductor Bernard Labadie, the Music and Artistic Director of L' Opéra de Québec led the excellent orchestra, with harpsichord for the recitativo secco, with a sure hand.
More definitions of recitativoDefinition of recitativo in:
- The US English dictionary