North American informal
Definition of recon in English:
Short for reconnaissance.
- These methods are necessary to avoid letting enemy forces know they are under surveillance and to protect the small recon teams from larger military units.
- He conducts an in-depth recon and selection of proposed battery positions.
- Like the characters of his novel, West served as a member of a five-man recon patrol.
verb (recons, reconning, reconned)Back to top
short for reconnoitre.
- It seems they are concerned that their fortification is being, in some way, reconned for further attack.
- He reconned a pool in York, Pennsylvania, and knew lots of spots in Jersey and New York City for us to skate.
- In the past few days they had reconned the entire lower portion of the east face.
Definition of recon in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.