- Convict (someone) of a further criminal offence: many prisoners are reconvicted within two years of releaseMore example sentences
- It was only because the army, as a dual sovereign was able to retry him after an acquittal that he was reconvicted.
- When his conviction was found flawed, the State retried and reconvicted him in another flawed proceeding.
- An individual re-assessment of these cases would undoubtedly reconvict the majority.
More definitions of reconvictDefinition of reconvict in:
- The US English dictionary