Definition of record-breaking in English:
Surpassing a record or best-ever achievement: the fair attracted a record-breaking 10,678 visitors
More example sentences
- Jack, emboldened by his record-breaking achievements on that tour, refused.
- Mr Hempleman-Adams is thrilled at his latest record-breaking achievements.
- That dedication has been at the root of his record-breaking achievements.
- Example sentences
- While it doesn't include a figure for 1998, industry-wide profits the year before that were $2 billion - making 1997, 2003 and 2004 all record-breakers.
- They make the unlikeliest of record-breakers but these sportswomen are determined to beat inexperience and make the 3,000-mile journey from the Canaries to Barbados faster than any men.
- Other runners, home long before us, clapped and cheered us on the final stretch as though we were record-breakers.
Definition of record-breaking in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan