Definition of record holder in English:
A person who has achieved the best-ever performance, especially in a particular sport: the Commonwealth 800 metres record holder
More example sentences
- So, the 100m final did not yield gold for Britain, or the world record holder, or the American champion.
- Roberts, who is the course record holder, found the warm conditions to his liking as others in the field of 421 starters wilted in the heat.
- She is 4 days into the trip and currently 2 hours 24 mins ahead of the current record holder.
- Example sentences
- In addition to his US Open wins, he has three US Junior Amateur and three US Amateur titles, one short of the record-holding nine of Bobby Jones.
- He was a record-holding swimmer in 8th grade, a soccer and lacrosse player.
- The team that designed, built and tested the new record-holding magnet was led by Ron Scanlan, a materials scientist with Berkeley Lab's Accelerator and Fusion Research Division.
Definition of record holder in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan