- 1An apparatus for recording sound, pictures, or data: I was talking away into my recorder a cockpit voice recorderMore example sentences
- German investigators were to begin analysing information from the planes' flight data recorders and cockpit voice recorders yesterday.
- Today, investigators are combing the crash sites and preparing to analyze flight data and cockpit voice recorders for vital clues.
- He said the local group also seeks funding, equipment and volunteers to set up a public media lab filled with computers and media-gathering equipment such as video cameras, scanners and sound recorders.
- 2A person who keeps records: a recorder of rural lifeMore example sentences
- Now, journalists, of course, are supposed to be impartial recorders and reporters of fact.
- Political reporters, especially the day-to-day recorders of official Washington developments and events, are protective of Washington.
- The long, cold line-ups in front of the mining recorder's office in Iqaluit paid off this week as mining companies received their much-coveted prospecting permits.
- 3 (Recorder) (In England and Wales) a barrister appointed to serve as a part-time judge.More example sentences
- Parliament ultimately is also responsible for the provision of resources by way of judges, Recorders, courtrooms and staff, to enable cases to be heard within those custody time limits.
- The learned trial judge, the Recorder of London, gave a most careful judgment which we have read with care.
- Judges in England often start as part-time Recorders, so that they can make up their own minds whether they would like a judicial job in the future.
- 4A simple wind instrument without keys, held vertically and played by blowing air through a shaped mouthpiece against a sharp edge.More example sentences
- Sheet music at five cents a page, mouth organs manufactured in Germany, tin whistles and recorders from St Petersburg, and pianola rolls were among the commodities the stores offered for sale.
- The instruments used are recorder, harpsichord, and cello.
- Favoured instruments include the hurdy-gurdy, dulcimer, recorders, zither, guitars and drums.
- sense 3.More example sentences
- Competition for appointment to both the Circuit Bench and Recordership is intense.
- All serving Assistant Recorders have therefore been appointed, or are in the process of being appointed, as Recorders and all future appointments will be made direct to Recordership through open competition.