Definition of recrystallize in English:
Form or cause to form crystals again: [no object]: the molten silica could recrystallize into cristobalite [with object]: recrystallize the precipitate (as adjective recrystallized) recrystallized carbonate rocks
More example sentences
- The heat and/or pressure experienced during metamorphism causes the calcium carbonate to recrystallize into a tightly interlocking mass of calcite crystals.
- Fat crystals with high melting points ‘dissolve’ in this liquid fat and are taken along to the surface where they can recrystallise as spiky crystals.
- Normally in a chemistry laboratory, filtration is generally used to separate solid impurities from a liquid or a solution or to collect a solid substance from the liquid or solution from which it was precipitated or recrystallized.
- Example sentences
- This involves ionic diffusion processes in the crystal structure of the solids, leading to phase change and recrystallisation.
- These form emulsions with the sugar and help to prevent recrystallization of the mixture when this is not desired.
- In the near field above the container the borehole will be very effectively sealed by melting, recrystallization and metamorphism of the host rock backfill.
Definition of recrystallize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan