Definition of rectal in English:
Relating to or affecting the rectum: rectal cancer
More example sentences
- Many of these symptoms may be due to another condition, such as piles or even rectal or bowel cancer, so it is important to see your GP as soon as possible.
- Rectal examination is essential if the medical history suggests a disorder in the lower abdomen, pelvis, lower rectal or anal region.
- These swollen and inflamed veins in your anus and rectum are another source of rectal bleeding.
- rectally adverb
- Example sentences
- The nurse or doctor know your bowels are active because they either hear bowel sounds or you are passing gas rectally.
- The normal core body temperature for humans, measured rectally, depends on the environmental climate and internal metabolic function.
- Traditionally, benzodiazepines, barbiturates, or other anticonvulsants have been given intravenously, but rectally administered diazepam is now used as an efficacious alternative.
Words that rhyme with rectaldialectal
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.