1 another term for sockeye.
- Babic uses his boat now to fish for red salmon; but the salmon prices have plummeted, and so he watches the halibut fishers and their haul jealously.
- In recent years, prices have crashed: In 1988 red salmon went for $2.89 a pound; this year the fishermen are looking at 45 cents a pound.
- Seconds later a plump red salmon was crashing skywards at the end of my line.
1.1 [mass noun] The reddish-pink flesh of the sockeye salmon used as food.
- Most canned salmon is wild; cans labeled red salmon contain sockeye salmon, which has a more robust flavor than pink salmon, the other canned variety.
- We take our spot in the dining room for Strang's fresh Copper River red salmon, simply grilled in a cookshack out back.
- Beck ordered a filet mignon with a baked potato and asparagus, while Vlaschek ordered a vegetable stew with red salmon.
Definition of red salmon in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.