noun[mass noun] US
- Gravy made by adding liquid to the fat from cooked ham.More example sentences
- Gimme his truffled scallops on grits with red-eye gravy and call me Scarlett.
- Evan Jones describes how it is made: To enhance ham with red-eye gravy, put the fried slices aside and add one-half cup of ice water to the drippings, letting it bubble until it turns red.
- Two hundred African American recipes from grits with ham, red-eye gravy and sweet potato pie.
More definitions of red-eye gravyDefinition of red-eye gravy in:
- The US English dictionary