A common fox with a reddish coat, native to both Eurasia and North America and living from the Arctic tundra to the centres of cities.
- Vulpes vulpes, family Canidae
More example sentences
- Other predators are red foxes, coyotes, wolves, bear, mountain lions, lynx, bobcats, eagles, and great horned owls.
- In Wapusk you could see an Arctic fox and a red fox, a ptarmigan and a spruce grouse, a caribou and a wolf, a polar bear and even the odd grizzly - all in one day.
- There are different foxes, there's the gray fox, the red fox, the arctic fox.
More definitions of red foxDefinition of red fox in:
- The US English dictionary