1(Of a person) having reddish-brown hair: a red-headed man
More example sentences
- As you can probably see in my photographs, I definitely don't have blonde hair, I was red-headed.
- Addison opens the door to see a tall red-headed girl with a blue plaid dress on and her hair up.
- She's the one I was telling you about with the incredibly long brown hair, the one my red-headed friend likes?
1.1Used in names of birds, insects, and other animals with red heads, e.g. red-headed woodpecker.
- We went driving in the country on Sunday afternoons to look for some of the birds that were special to us: bluebirds, goldfinches, pileated and red-headed woodpeckers, and, most thrilling of all, painted buntings.
- The soldierly looking red-headed woodpeckers, in their striking black, red, and white uniform, were much in evidence.
- Chickadees, tufted titmice, blue jays, cardinals, sparrows, juncos and red-headed woodpeckers all come to feast on the scrumptious mixture of seeds, nuts and cracked corn I put out for them.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: red-headed
Definition of red-headed in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.