Definition of red-headed in English:
1(Of a person) having reddish-brown hair: a red-headed man
More example sentences
- As you can probably see in my photographs, I definitely don't have blonde hair, I was red-headed.
- Addison opens the door to see a tall red-headed girl with a blue plaid dress on and her hair up.
- She's the one I was telling you about with the incredibly long brown hair, the one my red-headed friend likes?
1.1Used in names of birds, insects, and other animals with red heads, e.g. red-headed woodpecker.
- We went driving in the country on Sunday afternoons to look for some of the birds that were special to us: bluebirds, goldfinches, pileated and red-headed woodpeckers, and, most thrilling of all, painted buntings.
- The soldierly looking red-headed woodpeckers, in their striking black, red, and white uniform, were much in evidence.
- Chickadees, tufted titmice, blue jays, cardinals, sparrows, juncos and red-headed woodpeckers all come to feast on the scrumptious mixture of seeds, nuts and cracked corn I put out for them.
Definition of red-headed in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan