- A reddish marine fish which is of commercial value as a food fish, in particular:
More example sentences
- ● a tropical fish of the snapper family (genus Lutjanus, family Lutjanidae). ● a North Pacific rockfish (Sebastes ruberrimus, family Scorpaenidae).
- Species currently threatened by overfishing include the Atlantic cod, the black sea bass, the red snapper, and some sharks.
- After that came a variety of fish, from red snappers to barracuda - around 13 different species in the space of two hours.
- On this evening it featured a whole red snapper, tuna, salmon, enormous shrimp and sea bass.
More definitions of red snapperDefinition of red snapper in:
- The US English dictionary